Sunday 18 March 2012

First Year Tips and Tricks!

Hey guys,

So this will be my last post before I submit my blog for the final RedZone application review. I wanted to keep it light and fun like me so I figured I'd give you my very own TOP 10 List. For those of you that don't know what a Top 10 list is...well it's something that David Letterman does on this late night show. Here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueGl0qL-oLo My top ten will be both funny and helpful (hopefully :P)

10. Go to orientation. It's the quickest and most fun way to get to know people and to learn your way around the campus.

9. If you have the opportunity to live on campus...TAKE IT!

8. Explore the colleges, there's more to see then just the Student Center and more to do then wait in the bus line.

7. Go feed the geese!

6. Play broom ball at least once in the 4 years you're at York

5. Make at least one friend in each of your classes...if for no other reason than to have someone to wake you up if you fall asleep in class (Not that that would EVER happen to you since you're such a dedicated student :P)

4. Go chat with the RedZone folks...sure they give directions but they're all super fun and really friendly.

3. Check out all the art work at York there are some AMAZING pieces just waiting for you to find them...I'd HIGHLY recommend checking out the AGYU in ACE.

2. GO TO CLASS!!! You're here to learn after all

AND....

1. Join a club, or college council...or find some way to get involved. Getting connected really makes ALL the difference in the world!

Well those are my Top 10 tips for First Year Students. Don't worry you won't be a Frosh forever and before you know it, you're 4 years at York will be done and you'll be sad to be leaving. It's been a real pleasure writing for you this past week. I hope that you've enjoyed reading it as much as I've enjoyed writing it.

Thanks so much for checking it out!

Take Care,

Nicole

3 comments:

paulinaaa said...

I agree with #3!
I take a detour through ACW every week on my way to class, just so I can pass by the Gales Gallery.

Super inspiring!

Michael Forsyhe said...

Great advice for any Canadian school. good job!

Alexsia Priolo said...

I must say that I've never played broomball - does Rage Volleyball count? Also I agree that joining clubs/college council does make a difference - you feel so much more connected to your university and you really learn a lot about yourself. Being a frosh leader, participating in intermurals, and being part of Health Ed really made my experience at York a great one!

Post a Comment

 
;