Thursday 15 March 2012

Why getting involved makes your life better!

I'm not sure if I mentioned it but I'm a part of Health Education and Promotion and I LOVE MY JOB!! It's really a GREAT way to get involved on campus and reach out to students as well. I'm a part of the Alcohol and Other Drugs Team and so I get to work at all the major pub nights on campus.

Today was the 'official' St. Patrick's pub night on campus so my team was booked in residence and was working the pubnight. The people that I work with ARE AMAZING and here are a few pics that I just had to share since...well...they're kinda awesome!

Enjoy!

Nicole

Typical Night @ Health Ed!

 Don't we look pretty!! This is us @ Pond residence with the Sexual Health Team & SafeSource. Trivia ROCKS MY SOCKS! (Do people even say that anymore? Well I guess I do :P) 


See when I take the picture everyone has a GOOOOODDD time! 


Deep in thought at The Underground (the staff actually gave me the light up glasses...not gonna lie they are pretty AWESOME...come on you can't deny you kinda want to borrow them right?!? 


Alcohol Team Lead and Safe Source Coordinator, workin at The Underground...you know  making sure students party safer! We look DOPE like an old school rap group...can you Run DMC? No no Run HE&P!!

 Everyone I want you to meet Randolf, she's Rudolph's less popular Irish cousin. She's gotten over the fact that she's not famous but is ALWAYS willing to pose for a picture! Aren't her antlers CUTEEE!!


It's SOO much fun interacting with students on campus it doesn't even feel like a job. If you're interested in joining the Health Education and Promotion team we are in the process of hiring. The Online Application is open until Monday just go to this URL: http://www.yorku.ca/scld/healthed/getinvolved/ and fill it out! It's just THAT easy, trust me it's sooo worth it!




4 comments:

auriasz said...

HAHAHAHA this is too cute! LOVE IT <3

dboyce10 said...

looks like you had fun! keep up the amazing work, you are truly making a difference on campus!

Jyotika said...

Le fun-times!!!

Unknown said...

@auriasz THANKS I think Randolf was really cute as well!

@dboyce Thanks for the support, I work with an AMAZING team so it's really fun and easy to get involved on campus. If you think we're making a different that really means a lot. I know my bosses would LOVE to hear that :D

@joytika It really was a fun time!

Post a Comment

 
;