Wednesday 9 May 2012

Hi, my name is Nicole and I'm an RSA!!

Helllooo York University!!!
That's ME :D
My name is Nicole and I am a RED Zone Student Ambassador this summer.
What the heck does that mean for you? EXCELLENT QUESTION!
Basically that means that I'm an upper year student that has been through the storm so to speak and will be able to show you the ropes, so that you can hit the ground running. (As you can see I'm all about the OVER used cliches!)
Since we'll be getting to know each other really well over the summer I think I'll start by introducing myself to you. Our friendship has to start somewhere and I think that this is the BEST place for it to begin.  :)  YES I'm going to write this as if I'm writing to a friend, so that it doesn't feel cold and impersonal, plus if you're reading this I consider you a friend for taking time out of your day to spend with me!! 

So who am I? 

What a DEEP question! I feel as though I should have something SUPPER important to say to you. Unfortunately or fortunately (depends on how you look at it) I won't be bearing my soul to you in the here and now. I'll wait until at least my second post before I tell you my biggest secrets :P. 
Basic Info:
Home, Sweet, Home!
I'm an international student, from The Bahamas. Yeah I know it's cool, feel free to ask me about all the hot spots if you're planning a trip to my homeland!


Graduation Day...with the Parents!
I'm going into my sixth year at York. I have already graduated from York with a degree in Anthropology, and a Professional Certificate in Marketing; and now I'm completing a second degree in Political Science. YES that means that I have been a First Year twice at York so I know what you're going through, and I can probably answer any question you have about York life...since I've been here soooooo long (I did an 'o' for each year I've been here :P). 
Best colour EVER!
My ALL TIME FAVORITE COLOR is PURPLE! I know that doesn't seem like something worth mentioning but it's SUPER important to know. When I'm walking around on campus and I see people wearing purple I ALWAYS stop them and tell them how much I like what they're wearing. So if you're walking along wearing purple and I stop you to say "hey I LOVE that ___" then you'll know that you were just NICOLED!


I was a Peer Health Educator for 3 three years and so I can talk to you about a WIDE variety of health topics from managing stress to alcohol use and even sexual health questions. I'm an open person and I am comfortable talking to people about anything. 
Health Ed = FAMILY!
I LOVE to karaoke but I can't sing to save my life. It seriously sounds like a dying cat when I try to belt out a ballad like Beyonce! It's not pretty!! I also LOVE to dance, again I can't dance at all (I'm noticing a pattern starting to develop here!) but it's something I'm always doing. So if you come into the RED Zone and you see this one chick "bustin' a move" that's probably me. :)

Contact info: 
You can feel free to contact me on this blog. I'm open to questions, comments pretty much anything. If you take the time to read my posts and ask questions, I will take the time to answer your questions. I mean come on we're practically FAMILY at this point!!
Also if you want to contact me in REAL TIME, I'm ALL over twitter. My twitter name is @nuriasz I'm on it all the time, thanks to my addiction to my crackberr...I mean blackberry. So you can reach me whenever you have a question and I'll get back to you. Recently my world exploded when I hit 100 followers on twitter...so if you really want to me to go INSANE let's try for 120 followers...seriously I'd FREAK OUT if that many people started following me!
 Humm I think that's it...it's soo hard to think of things to say about yourself without sounding conceited or self-involved. So if there are any questions that you guys have for me...feel free to post them in the comments section below the post and I'd be MORE than happy to answer them!
Soo if you took the time read this thesis length post then...THANK YOU SOO MUCH, You're AWESOME and I'm totally you're BEST FRIEND NOW!
Now that you know a little about me...feel free to follow me, ask me questions or come on over to the RED Zone and meet me and the other AMAZING RSA's!!
Take Care, 
Nicole

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;