Friday 6 July 2012

What's it really like to live in residence?

Hollywood and the media present us with many different representations of what "dorm" life is like. Films like Van Wilder and Animal House suggest that living on campus will be one big party, Old School and Road Trip play up the bonds we make and the community created on campus.

Sorry to be one that bursts your bubble BUTT not everyone's college/ university experience is like that. My life in residence wasn't like that at all. I'm not saying that I didn't have fun or create strong friendships, but my time in residence wasn't spent crawling from one raging dorm party to the next!

So... "What is life in residence like?" Excellent question! Life in residence for me was the best experience of my life. I got the chance to live with a wide variety of people from all over the world. In fact I met one of my best friends in my first week of living in residence!

There is always something happening in residence, the Don team is always busy at work trying to make your experience in residence a memorable and amazing one. There are weekly events that happen in residence including, movie-nights, common-room get-togethers and game nights. There are also monthly house meetings that all residents are required to attend, where dons tell you about upcoming events, important info and cool stuff happening on campus. The best part is that there is always someone around in residence. You are never alone. It's good to know that you have some place you can call home...LITERALLY!

Check out me and some of the friends I made while living in residence! Ahh the memories!!


Dorm life is MUCH more than just the room you live in, it’s also the people you live with. The girls on my floor were my FAMILY while I was at school without them I would never have survived!

YAY FUGITIVES (that was our house name lol none of the ladies in the pics had ever been charged with a crime…that I know of…unless AWESOMENESS is now a crime!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;