Thursday 24 May 2012

Colleges versus Clubs "ding ding" LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

This is an age old debate...COLLEGES or CLUBS..which one is better?

To me this is a DANGEROUS question...it's like asking which is better ice cream or candy? They're both great!!

York University is a HUGE school, two campus with THOUSANDS of students not to mention all the faculty, staff and administration that are always coming and going. Navigating through all those people can be difficult especially as a first year student and York understands that.

That's why they created the "college" system and recognize over 300 clubs and other student organizations. I know what you're thinking..."Umm college? I'm NOT in college I'm in university!" If you want to learn everything you need to know about the college system my friend and fellow RSA's blog, Michelle can tell you all about it! Check out http://michelleinthezone.blogspot.ca/ for more info.

Suffice it to say the "colleges" break up the York community into smaller units making it easier for people meet others with similar interests.
Find Your College in the pic!

As I've mentioned in this and previous posts, York has over 300 different student clubs and organizations. What is a club if not a small group of people with a similar interest?

People always ask...which is better, which do you prefer, which would you recommend getting involved with...colleges or clubs?

My answer would be...WHO SAYS YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE?

Some people really find themselves in the college system others in clubs. It all really depends on who you are, but no one is saying that you can't do both! I know many people that were very involved in their college and were also equally involved in clubs.

Personally I took the club route and I've been really involved with student organizations and clubs. That is how I found my place within the York community.

I encourage all students new or returning to check out what York has to offer, I guarantee you that you'll be surprised!! Surprised at what you find, surprised at how nice the people are and surprised at how much fun you have once you get started!

So remember one is not better than the other and there is space in your life for both colleges and clubs!! Find something that you LIKE and get involved, you'll be so glad you did...I know I am :D

Take Care,
Nicole

2 comments:

york said...

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!


<York

Unknown said...

Thanks so much! :D

Post a Comment

 
;