Thursday 14 June 2012

Lollipop Moments...in the RED Zone!

I know what you're thinking...what the heck is a lillipop moment?? Were you guys giving them away, selling them, buying them...whattt?? Well a lollipop moment happens when you change impact someone's life in a positive way.

Yuuummmm!!!
Here's Drew Dudley...he explains it wayy better than I do... sooo check it out!

I've been having some AMAZING Lollipop moments with students this week...seriously it's been a pretty rewarding experience...for them and for me!!

The other day a prospective international student and her parents entered the RED Zone looking for some information about transitioning to York and Canada as an international student. They were directed to me...since I have first hand knowledge about moving to Canada and starting at York. We talked for almost an hour...about EVERYTHING! We discussed campus life, clubs, international student support and most importantly the sense of community at York. When we were done she looked really relieved and her parents seemed really excited about York.

As they were leaving they said: "When you have a memorable experience it's always best to take a picture. You were really nice and helpful, and we'd really like to take a picture with you, so that we can remember you, do you mind?"

I but felt totally honoured that they wanted to take a picture with me, and that they felt they had an experience they wanted to remember.

I guess they got a lollipop moment from me...and I got one from them!!

You HAVE to experience a moment like this!!
I couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the day...knowing that I had helped someone really made me so proud of my  job, my University and the community that exists at York.

If you want to have your very one Lollipop moment you should stop by the RED Zone and talk to the AMAZING RED Zone Student Ambassadors!

2 comments:

Michael Kasaboski said...

This is amazing! Are they going to send you a copy of the photo!? I want to see the photo so badly!

Unknown said...

I asked for a copy of the pics so hopefully I'll get it :D.

I took one with her and then a second one with her parents...so hopefully I'll get a copy of both!

Post a Comment

 
;